I WAS LANDED IN NOVEMBER AND WAITED FOR THE PR CARD.
UPON ENTRY - I TOLD THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER ABOUT MY MARITAL STATUS WHICH HAS BEEN CHANGED. HE ASKED ME 2WICE AND I CLEARLY ANSWERED 'YES'.
ON MY LANDING PAPER MY MARITAL STATUS WAS SINGLE AS I GOT MARRIED AFTER I GOT MY VISA AND I ALSO INFORMED CIC BEFORE I LANDED.
HE ASKED ME TO SIGN MORE THEN ONCE ON DIFFERENT LOCATIONS - WHICH I DIDN'T READ AND I JUST SIGNED.
ONE OF MY FRIEND IS AN IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT - WHEN I SHOWED MY LANDING PAPER TO HIM - HE TOLD ME THAT THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER DIDN'T RECORDED THIS INFORMATION AND HE ASKED YOU TO SIGN WHERE IT SAYS.
HAVE YOU ANY DEPENDANTS OTHER THEN THOSE LISTED HERE - NO (HE CIRCLED THIS 'NO' AND HE TOOK MY INITIALS UNDER THIS LINE)
18 - NO ( HE CIRCLED 'NO' AND GET MY SIGNATURE UNDER THIS LINE AS WELL)
I CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS CORRECT..... AND HE GET MY SIGNATURE HERE AS WELL.
MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE LINE (HAVE YOU ANY DEPEND.....) IS THAT THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY WIFE AND THIS LINE IS REFERING TO THE CHILDREN BUT MY FRIEND DOSN'T AGREE WITH ME ON THIS. SO I AM CONFUSED.
AT THE BACK OF THE LANDING PAPER THE DESCRIPTION FOR (18) IS (CONVICTED OF A CRIME OR OFFENCE; REFUSED ADMISSION TO CANADA OR REQUIRED TO LEAVE CANADA)
NOW AFTER A LONG WAIT FOR MY PR CARD - I HAVE RECEIVED A LETTER LAST WEEK THAT I HAVE GOT A PROBLEM WITH MY PICTURE - SO THEY ARE ASKING ME TO COME PERSONALLY TO PROVIDE THE CORRECT PICTURE.
NOW I HAVE REALIZED THAT THE THE REASON MY PR CARD DELAYED - THAT I HAVE ALREADY INFORMED CIC ABOUT MY MARITAL STATUS BUT UPON ARRIVAL - EVEN I TOLD THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER - HE RECOREDED THE INFORMATION WRONG (IF MY FRIEND IS RIGHT)- WHICH IS A CONFLICTING STATEMENT - AND I AM THINKING THAT CIC HAVE MADE THIS THING UP ABOUT THE PICTURE AS THE PICTURE SHOULD BE ALRIGHT AS I HAVE SUBMITTED THE SAME PICTURE TOGETHER AND THE CIC OFFICE IN MY COUNTRY DIDN'T OBJECTED ON ANY OF THE PICTURES. SO I AM THINKING THEY JUST CALLED ME TO CLARIFY THIS QUESTION ABOUT MY MARITAL STATUS.
I AM REALLY CONFUSED AT THE MOMENT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT HOW SHOULD I HANDLE THIS SITUATION.
1. Quit using caps, it is considered shouting.
2. You have created a real problem, your wife is no longer a member of the family and cannot be sponsored.
3. You can be reported for misrepresentation, as you did sign the COPR as single.
4. Who do you think the Immigration Appeal Board is going to believe, you or the officer as you claimed you signed it but didn't read it.
5. You were given a letter with your COPR that states that you MUST contact the issuing office if your family composition changes.
6. Probably time to hire a lawyer.