I am posting a copy of my reply (with minor changes) to a forum member who asked several questions regarding adjustment in Canada through PM. Hopefully it will help new comers..........NOTE:
The reply is based on my personal experience which i want to share with forum members.
1-Your wife has to take admission in B.Ed and complete 8 months course. However, teaching experience or if she worked voluntarily in an institution dealing with children activities is a pre-requisite for admission. If she is doing her B.Ed from a Govt: recognized university like Islamabad University etc then York University Toronto accept application without TOFEL or IELTS. Admission in B.Ed is more competitive in Ontario, but she can get admission in Windsor University easily. The only drawback is, you have to live in Windsor City which is about 350 Km from Toronto and it takes 4 hours on highway to reach there. Teaching profession is considered to be the highest demanding in Ontario plus teachers enjoy three months paid summer vacation
2. The best option for you would be to complete one week (40hours) security course and appear for security examination. I already have the test material and sample questions. 90% question will come from the same model questions, prepare those and i am 100% sure you will pass the exam /paper with good percentage. Thereafter you will apply for security licence and get it in few weeks (it is a one month project to become a security personal). There are other entry level jobs such as Gas station (petrol pumps), factories, stores, taxi driver, etc... The only white collar job (for survival purpose not permanently) is security where you will find most of the highly educated immigrants like doctors, engineers and Govt servants. The best job for your wife I will prefer is in Cosmetic Company however she can get other new entry jobs like customer service, stores, receptionist etc etc... On getting job in Cosmetics Company, your wife in addition to salary she will also receive grab bag (big shopping bag worth $300-500 value) after every three months full of expensive cosmetics FREE as a bonus. (Good for ladies). During the survival jobs you both can continue searching for better jobs. (employments agencies help newcomers in seeking jobs). In the start Guys be prepare to join any kind job...this is Canada and here a labor has got the same rights and respect as CEO of a company
3. Immediately after arrival the first thing would be to prepare a good Canadian style Resume. There are many volunteer Govt organizations helping new comers in developing Resume and searching jobs.
4. Approximately you will receive $350 per kid starting from the first month and in future the amount will be adjusted in accordance with your annual income.
6. I would suggest that in the start go for basement apartment don't go for high rise condos/apartments. Once you are adjusted then you can easily search and move to a better accommodation. No annual contract is required for Basement apartment but for other accommodation you have to sign a contract with the owner. You can get basement from $ 700 -900 per month having two rooms, washroom, kitchen, and washing drying facilities. Other apartments are from $1000-1300 per month with contract for one year. I don;t know which area you prefer. Initially, I settled in Markham area which is near to Toronto Downtown and other arear having a Big Jam-e-mosque. Mississauga is far away from Toronto downtown however it is a multicultural city.
7. To get free medicines, there is a Govt drug programme called Trillium Drug Benefit programme where under you will get free medicine then again it depends upon your annual income. Google Ontario trillium drug benefit program or visit http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/forms/odb_fm.aspx and see the details.
8. No they don't offer any allowance for low income earners. However there is welfare program for the jobless people but DONOT GO FOR THAT (this is my advice) that will be a sort of a Burdon on Canadian Govt and you will lose your credibility plus you would not be able to sponsor anybody in future.
9. After arrival your kids will be examined / tested and would be admitted according to their ages in the nearest school to your residence. Most of the schools are Public school. Some Islamic schools are also available but those are being run under the Mosque/madrassa administration. When moving to Canada one should be broad minded and need to scarify many things. (it is my personal experience)
Good luck everybody
Thanks for your support. It would be great if you could write 2-3 lines detail under each topic line. It will be very useful for all those who are in the final phase of the process.