I don't think from Pak, we can open bank a/c in Canada
+ THERE IS A RESTRICTION and you cannot carry more than 10,000 USD ~ CND
Few crazy folks try it and get away by chance -No point of trying this coz if God forbidden you get checked, they'll simply book you and confiscate the amount temporarily until you face charges in court and pay the fine.How to transfer funds then:
One solution I could figure out after some discussions here and there is;
- Carry around 5000 CND per person in cash and for the rest of funds
- Open foreign currency (USD/EURO) account (FCA) in any good bank here in Pakistan
- Converts PKRs in USD/EURO from open market (risky but have to) and deposit in FCA
- Get a bank of daft issued in favour of your name just a week before your departure
- Once you reach and open a bank a/c, deposit the draft and you'll get your money there
Alongwith 20-30% cash in hand, bank draft should be acceptable as proof of fund at PoE.
Please suggest if someone has better ideas on this
Has anybody had any experience in opening a bank account in Canada from here?? If not.....how do you plan to take your funds with you??
You can't all be carrying cash.....right??