Guys pls help me out.... My parents will be coming to US on visitor visa for few months. Can they apply Canadian Visitor visa in Canadian Consulate in Newyork??
More success rate if they apply in home country. But if you choose to apply from US then make sure you have the following for more chances of success.
- Original, signed India passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
- Passport-type photographs:
- Payment Authorization. Complete and sign the Credit Card Authorization Form.
- Proof of Status. Original evidence of your legal status in US (Original of I-94, I-20, H1B approval notice, etc). I-20 and DS-2019 forms must be endorsed within the past 3 months by your adviser.
- Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or confirmed itinerary.
- Bank Statement. Copy of a recent bank statement showing proof of sufficient funds.
- Hotel Reservations. Copy of confirmed hotel reservations.
- Personal Invitation. If visiting friends or family, you must provide letter of invitation with the contact information of the host and visitor, purpose and duration of the visit, confirmation of accommodation including the address, signature and date. You will also need to provide proof of the host's status in Canada ie. copy of their Canada passport's information page, or, if they are not a citizen of Canada, copies of their Canada residence permit and their national passport's information pages.
- Family Information form. A completed Family Information form. (IMM 5645)
- Supplemental form. A completed Schedule 1 supplemental information form. The work history section must be filled out with the applicant's information for the past 10 years with no gaps. Periods of unemployment and study should be entered into the form. (IMM 5257) Should be typed and printed.