You all recall i was wondering why i had not gotten passport request since doing my medicals? Can you believe it that i wrote accra and they said they sent my passport request more than a month ago? On closer scrutiny, it was to an email i have not used to communicate with them in recent times. That means the response was quite fast!!
Pls everyone who is expecting any communication should check all emails they have ever used to contact accra.
But better late than never, Thank God. I will be in Accra soon before the expiry of the 60 days to collect my marple leaf. HA
PRAISE GOD!! AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!
DRMONEY, SEGLAD, JADA, REDDISH AND ALL OTHERS THAT RECENTLY COLLECTED VISAS
Pls were you required to bring along an updated set of forms IM0008-Application for perm resident forms, additional family info, background info, economic class again with your passports?
My PR said i should update all these forms again. Could this be a mistake on their part?
Pls see sample here:
YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.
You are requested to submit your passport(s) and documentation BY COURIER within 60 days to the Canadian High Commission so that we may issue your visa(s) and return your documentation to you. The visa will be valid for 6 months or until the expiry of your medical results (----------2012), whichever is earliest. You may also appear IN PERSON within 60 days at the Canadian High Commission in Accra any Monday, at 8:00 am, for visa collection. The visa will be issued the same day. You must bring this letter with you.
Please note that you are advised not to commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take any irrevocable action such as selling property, or resign employment until you have received your immigrant visas.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:
* An updated IRPA application for you and your spouse. An application includes the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008], the Schedule 1: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1] and the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406]. As the principal applicant, you must also complete the Schedule 3: Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3]. Forms can be found at:
- Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.
- PASSPORTS. Check that:
• There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passport.
• Each passport is valid for at least 6 months.
• Each passport has sufficient free pages (two required for our visa, plus pages for any transit visa)
- TWO (2) PHOTOS FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER; these photographs must be taken with a WHITE BACKGROUND, not be stapled, glued or pinned (you can paperclip or attach them using an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. Photograph specifications are attached to this electronic message.
- A "pre-paid" courier return service in order that we can return the visa(s), passport(s) and documentation to you. The Canadian High Commission will NOT return passports by regular mail.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S) AND DOCUMENTATION ALONG WITH A COPY OF THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Canadian High Commission, Accra
PO Box 1639
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CITIZENS OF NIGERIA
E-Passport: We will only accept applications that include an e-passport. The Government of Nigeria has informed us that effective Dec 31, 2010 the older style of Nigerian Passport is no longer valid, regardless of the validity date on the passport. As we will only insert a visa in a passport with at least 6 months validity, we have stopped accepting the older style passport and require applicants to submit the new e-passport.
Immigration Section - xxx