It happened with too many people
Local Agents are asking 10,000 INR to 15,000 INR for Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI Fingerprint Result)
The procedure is easy and crystal clear.
1. Download Applicant Information Form | Ref 1:
2. Download Standard fingerprint form (FD-258) | Ref 1:
3. Obtain a cashiers check for $18 U.S. dollars made payable to the Treasury of the United States
1. Fill the Applicant Information Form
2. Make 6 copies of Standard fingerprint form (FD-258).
3. Fill in all details in all the 6 copies of Standard fingerprint form (FD-258).
4. Go to a Fingerprinting Department of your local Police Station.
5. Ask Fingerprinting technician (Police) to take your fingerprint with Ink in all the 6 copies
6. They will keep 1 copy for there reference and rest they will give it you.
ASK THEM TO STAMP Standard fingerprint form (FD-258) all the 6
We can send 1 or 2 Copies of fingerprint but send 4 to Federal Bureau of Investigation so that there is no chance of any delay
if you want you can retain one for your reference.
For cashiers check for $18 U.S Dollars
Go to any ICICI NRI Branch that Deals in Forex and ask them to make cashiers check , they will charge nominal
18$+Charge to make cashiers check totals up to 1000 INR + 500 INR courier ChargeTotal cost will be 1500 INR I have done my self and i recommend to all not to waste money on agents
Ref 1: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/background_checks
for Point 1 and Point 2
Ref 2: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp