check the opinions of many immigrants on this site
I mentioned I cant find peace of mind on account of many reasons :
1. expensive all hell
2. all stupid taxes
3. ridiculously expensive insurances, phone bills, health insurance charges( for those living in BC - 60 $ per month now), transit passes, etc
4. selfish, greedy, ignorant people
5. If u live in surrey, brampton, missisauga - neighbourhoods of toronto n vancouver in basements - which r the only ones u can afford cause of ridiculously high rents -even living in india is way easier as savings r more even in india
6. the weather in vancouver depressing - 24/7 rain -most days in a year, rest of country is still ice age for 6 months a year. Harsh winters
7. I find segregation among older immigrants n newer immigrants, even indians like punjabis who came here 30-40 years ago take advantage of newer indians when u work for them - these r the places where u will be able to land a job - if u can find one with cheap salary n hard work
8. The white canadian citizens seems still in english colonial mood. Directly or indirectly they dont treat me equally like USA. Indians in USA have good reputation of doctors, engineers, scientists n r expected to succeed and have earned respect in eyes of most white US citizens. Here most of Indians do cheap or labour jobs n drive taxis n drug crimes - many illiterate here. Also, read of gang wars and drug dealer fights in Vancouver - they r surprisingly indians n chinese origins. Have u heard of an indian origin drug dealer in USA
9. Small economy n smaller population - not many jobs. and % of new immigrants is very very very high compared to USA and keep on increasing every year. Not good as cheap replaceable worker is available all the time. Very competitive n hard to survive at a job even if u find one.
10. Visit any big city n goto a mall, bank, taxi drivers or anything - all u will find in this country is asian immigrants
11. the govt dont clean their roads and side walks in most neighbourhoods ( I know in surrey, brampton, windsor) and it looks dirty like india and not clean like USA - also alberta has lota gas pollution n cancers, manitoba houses have radioactive waste from age old US atomic waste
12. They dont care actual jobs or startup jobs for the immigrants - unlike US where u have to have H1 visa n job to get GC
13. If u lived in india n have good times n have a job in india - would u like to quit it n move to pakistan next door since u get perm resident there
?? Same is the case with US and Canada. Next door is bountiful resourceful country - why to stay in starving ice age poor country
Its very hard to stay in Canada long term as US is next door which has many virtues n less vices
I can go on ---
But, these r my experiences.
U can visit n stay for 1-2 months n share your experiences after that.