You should report any capital gain or loss since the day you moved to Canada on your 2012 Canadian tax return. You should also file a T1135 form for 2012. Given the state of the UK housing market it is unlikely you will have much of a capital gain between 2011 and 2012.
I am still working and waiting for final visa and to enter Canada.
I am Pakistan national and own a property. I am not selling the property now and will later come back from Canada and sell the property.
Can you please guide me
1. What should i do when entering Canada?
2. Have I to report my property at airport?
3. When I will leave Pakistan should i get estimated value from some reputed firm?
4. When i will come back to sell the property have i to get estimated value of my property so as i can calculate the Capital gain on that property?
5. How much is the tax on Capital gain on property abroad?
awaiting for suggestion