You are right it really is the worst feeling
My case isnt straighforward and thats what really worries me.. can I ask you about a situation is yours not a straightforward case? You have been waiting since Oct 2010? Our issue is he had a past deportation.. from what I was advised the impact is we will have an extra 2 months added to our wait and an extra $400 for the letter we need signed by the immigration ministor..
I am really so worried about it.. and i have no issue with living in mexico..i just want to be with him i dont care where.. so i guess thats why im looking into the option of moving there while waiting for the papers..because who knows what the timelines really could be..
My fiance was also deported, what kind of deportation order did he get and how long was the ban ? That will change the waiting period and complexity depending on these. I also understand your situation because i am in Canada, he is in Mexico and I have a young daughter in school so the option to pick up and go live in Mexico isnt there due to costody restraints. and I hear you on the vacation time, its hard to work around, we have not seen eachother (besides skype) in 10 months now, between finances (cost of all this immigration stuff) and holidays, I have had no way to be able to see him to at least September, so know that you are not alone and time for us has gone quicker than expected. We try to concentrate on our plans for when he come back and getting things set up, if we concentrate on the immigration part we both go squirly. But I would say if you have an option to go live with him DO IT !!! I would in a heartbeat, it can be alot of strain being seperated and it will make the process that much easier ! thats my two cents