First off, congrats po sa lahat na nag-DM na and sa mga nakakuha na rin ng visas nila.
Mine is still "in process".
I have been a bit busy at work while waiting patiently for my passport/visa 'cause I know darating at darating din sya as well as all the other stuff one needs to do re this visa and moving to Canada. Whether andito ako or nsa Canada na, one would have to do sooner, now, or later what needs doing for being a PR ... (need not be said anymore what those tasks are). Anyway yesterday in fact should have been the exact 6th-month date before expiration of my visa. My passport has been with CEM now for 4-5 months already.
However, no matter how patient I am with getting my passport back with the visa (it hasn't been crossing my mind as much lately... not impatient for it...), certain circumstances which started this week give me pressure to really really look forward to having my passport back. So yan, start na naman ako mag-worry. Lol.
See the problem is I might be sent to work overseas by my office for a few months and my passport's still with CEM. Waaah!
So I'm glad I came across Anche's post but my work/travel plans are a bit more complicated. Worst case kasi is that mag-to-and-back my passport between me and CEM.
I can't resign yet even or turn down the opp; especially not when I don't know when I'll get my passport/visa back from CEM and because of their changing immigration policies (you know.. once bitten, twice shy.. lol). Therefore I should go on with work as if things are normal.
My office doesn't know of my Canada app either, nor do I have plans of letting them know until I've filed my resignation (maybe). Therefore I can't tell them I'm declining the assignment because of my Canada app/ passport/visa dilemma with CEM. I might as well resign if I do that but I can't yet. hay. Ipit no? Lagot talaga. Kaloka. Argh.
So I'll wait and see re my office's decision I guess, before I start the ball rolling with requesting CEM for my passport back and coordinating with them for the rest of what's gonna happen. Gaah!
Pero the best case scenario is that I get the passport with visa back from CEM within the next 2 weeks (asa pa, lol) without me having to request it. Or, my office changes its mind re the onshore work. Lol. Those would surely make my dilemma moot. hehe.
Ayan, letting it out here helped me clarify my thoughts on this matter better. Lol! If you reached up to this line, thanks for bearing with me. haha!
Sorry medyo na-panic mode lang po kasi ako hence my post.
Anyway, wish me luck! And best wishes po talaga sa ating lahat na naghihintay pa for our passports/visa as well as to those preparing to leave already with tickets in hand.