I got the below reply as of now for inquirying on my case:
This is an automatic acknowledgement of your e-mail addressed to the Centralized Intake Office.
If this is a request for case information, the responsibility placed on us by the Privacy Act to protect all personal information precludes us from responding using e-mail unless we are able to verify that you are entitled/authorized to receive the case specific information. In this respect, if you are the applicant and you provide us with your full name, date of birth, and a file number or Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) client ID, or you are a person to whom we are authorized to release information (written consent on the immigration file) and are able to provide the applicant's full name, DOB and the file number or CIC client ID, you will receive a reply by e-mail within 20 working days. If you are not the applicant or you are not authorized to receive the information, you will not receive a further reply to your e-mail. If you have applied within the last six weeks, we will not be responding to your enquiry- please ensure adequate time has passed before making an enquiry. Please note that we will not respond to e-mails concerning the following:
* Processing of Permanent Resident Cards.
* Processing of Citizenship applications.
* Requests to expedite processing of cases.
* Canadian citizens outside Canada seeking assistance (please consult www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca
* Opinions about recent announcements/news releases/cases.
* Information about visiting, living, working or studying in Canada (please consult www.cic.gc.ca
* Information about services in Canada (www.goingtocanada.gc.ca/index.aspx
* This e-mail box cannot be used to submit additional information/documentation to be added to your application.
Please note that e-mail is not a secure channel of communication. CIC is not liable for the unauthorized disclosure of personal information to or the misuse of that information by a third party where we took reasonable means to verify the identity of the party.
For more information about CIC, please visit one of the following sites.