Dear Seniors, my skilled worker application (4131 lecturer in English) is in the London visa office acknowledged in Augst, 2010, now in process for the last 5 months with RBVO.
As currently so many applicants r getting refused on account of duties mismatch, i want to know from 4131's if the duties i gave in my experience letter r ok! I m a pre-juner!
These are the duties I mentioned in my experience letter:
1. Teaches English to the college students
2. Prepares, administers and Grade tests and record the results
3. Prepares teaching materials to deliver them to the students
4. Serves as the college chief proctor to maintain discipline and works as tutor in charge to provide personal academic guidance to the different level students
5. Proofreads the correspondence of the institute to detect and correct errors in spelling, grammar and syntax (He is a native level, experienced English proofreader)
6. Participates in college staff meetings, various co-curricular programmes, etc.
7. Advises students on career decisions
Do you, SENIORS, deem these duties of mine as college lecturer (English) are quite ok/up to the mark?
Anxiously awaiting your reply at your earliest,
Thanks and regards,
Find below example, from http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca
University professors and lecturers perform some or all of the following duties:
Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students
Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups
Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports
Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions
Direct research programs of graduate students and advise on research matters
Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books
May serve on faculty committees dealing with such matters as curriculum planning and degree requirements, and perform a variety of administrative duties
May represent their universities as speakers and guest lecturers
May provide professional consultative services to government, industry and private individuals.
University professors and lecturers specialize in a particular subject matter such as biology, chemistry, anatomy, sociology, business administration or law.
May be helpful for you.