Dear Seniors, my skilled worker application (4131 lecturer in English) is in the London visa office acknowledged in Augst, 2010, now in process for the last 5 months with RBVO.
As currently so many applicants r getting refused on account of duties mismatch, i want to know from 4131's if the duties i gave in my experience letter r ok! I m a pre-juner!
These are the duties I mentioned in my experience letter:
1. Teaches English to the college students
2. Prepares, administers and Grade tests and record the results
3. Prepares teaching materials to deliver them to the students
4. Serves as the college chief proctor to maintain discipline and works as tutor in charge to provide personal academic guidance to the different level students
5. Proofreads the correspondence of the institute to detect and correct errors in spelling, grammar and syntax (He is a native level, experienced English proofreader)
6. Participates in college staff meetings, various co-curricular programmes, etc.
7. Advises students on career decisions
Do you, SENIORS, deem these duties of mine as college lecturer (English) are quite ok/up to the mark?
Anxiously awaiting your reply at your earliest,
Thanks and regards,
See you claim to be an English teacher/lecturer and your experience letter contains numerous errors. Here they are
1. No 'the' before 'college students' (though this may not be serious).
2. You say 'Prepares, administers and Grade tests and record the results' whereas it should be grades (not Grade) and records (not record), a serious error not expected from an English teacher! Moreover using 'and' twice does not sound good.
3 Again unnecessary use of 'the' before students.
4. Unnecessary, rather wrong, use of 'the' between 'as' and 'college'. Interestingly, you did not use the article 'a' before 'tutor incharge' where it was needed. Again the definite article 'the' is incorrectly used before 'different'.
5. By the way I came across this proverb 'native level' for the first time. Also it is probably proof reader and not proofreader.
Some of your 'sentences' end with full stop while others don't!
Above this all, you claim to be a proof reader who checks all the college's correspondence for spelling mistakes etc.
I am sorry if this hurts you but this is what I felt.