Hi Missha. Thank you for leading this forum. You're very helpful to all members. By the way, just some questions:
1. When I sent my PR inland sponsorship application recently, I forgot to include an OWP application. I'm planning to send it now. Should I send it to the department handling PR applications in vegreville or to the one handling work permits?
2. I saw the document checklist for work permits. There are lots fo requirements there which I don't have now such as HRSDC confirmation, job offer, return ticket and others, and so forth. What exactly did you submit when you applied for your OWP?
Many thanks and good luck on your application too.
I sent my OWP request after my PR app as well (which was approved back in September), here is what I did:
1. Use form IMM 1249
2. Write on the top left “OPEN WORK PERMIT. Please kindly add to my file (xxxx-xxxx) ASAP and process once AIP is granted.
3. Tick that I am applying for ‘C'
4. A) Personal Information: as is
5. B) My Family Members: my spouses name, of course dependent children should go here too;
6. C) Coming to Canada: same as I had on PR App;
7. D) My Request: I want to extend my stay in Canada until – enter a date 2 years from now to be safe. Explanation something like: I have recently applied for PR under Spouse, In Canada class. I need to remain in Canada for my application to be valid and continue living my husband, blah blah blah. The above date represents the approximate processing time, per the CIC website, to get PR approval plus additional time for a landing interview and arrival of my PR card;
8. To support myself: put whatever you have, even yours and your spouse's salary;
9. E) Additional Information: Assess as needed for your situation;
10. Sign and Date
11. Checklist: I just put N/A next to most things there, I only sent in: Application; Document Checklist; Receipt; Marriage Certificate; Photocopies of passport (for both me and my spouse);
12. I then wrote a cover letter explaining that I didn't know I had to send this with my PR application and again if they could kindly add it to my file ASAP to process only after AIP is approved (this is important otherwise it will be denied)
13. I then sent mine to CPC Vegreville; 6212-55th Ave, Vegreville, AB T9C 1W5