Hello saggit,How to fetch the CAIPS thru friend/relative [in Canada] ?
1) Is there an option of paying the 5$ online? Or cheque / draft are the only options?
2) Also, if it is so simple and low on charges (just 5 CAD) to get CAIPS notes from the official site of CIC then why do people go through other options like caipsnotes.com or lawpoint.ca etc etc? Is there some added advantage in doing so? Although it seems we only pay more when we apply through them instead of the mere 5$ through CIC website!!
Please enlighten me on this. I am thinking of sending a CAIPS request asap.
Thanks a ton,
Under the Privacy Act, one of our friends/relatives, who reside in Canada, can order the CAIPS under our authorization. There is a CIC fee of only $5 to be incurred for that purpose. Here's what we should do:
1. Download the form here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf
2. Fill the specified colums/fields, viz:
- a) Visa post [ND, Buffalo, London etc.]
- b) Your File number [Bxxxxxxx]
- c) Date of Birth [applicant's, not the rep's]
- d) The requester's Postal address [Canadian Address only]
3. Tick the box "for CAIPS Notes request" on the form.
4. Enclose copies of the rep's [not yours] PR Card/visa/COPR etc. [Canadian ID].
5. Attach the Consent Form [signed by each applicant for "use of a representative"].
6. Enclose a Money Order/Draft for $5.
7. Send (Mail or Courier 'only') all the documents to:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
(Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator)
Narono Building 360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
8. Your CAIPS Notes should return by 4-6 weeks [usually].