Hello mga KaForumers,
Just want to share my entry to Canada experience,
We received our visa (SOWP + Study permit for 2 kids) last July 14, we got direct flight via PAL to Prince Ruper, BC last July 31.
@ NAIA 2 - checked in PAL counter, agent provided me boarding pass for Vancouver and Prince rupert (Air Canada JAzz -domestic plane)
advised me to proceed to Immigration. Sabi nung PAL agent, ihanda ko daw ung documents na binigay ng emabassy just in case hanapin sa immigration.
@ Phil Immigration - pumila kami sa tourist, just provided our passport, saka ung embarkation form na fill upan namin prior sa pagpila, and the papers from CEM. all the 3 passports were given to the Immi officer, NO QUESTIONS asked. tiningnan lng mga papel then, tinatakan na ung passport. then punta na kmi ng boarding gates...
@ Vancouver airport - go straight to custom's clearing. pila uli sa VISITORS line. marami naman filipino doon...basta wag ka sasama sa new immigrants ng line. ang haba ng pila kaya dapat min of 3 hours bago ung next flight mo.
- i provided our passports, docs from CEM and i told him that i have with me letter from my husband's employer stating we are expected to arrive on July 31 and advised them to contact the employer should they need further infos or if there any concern regarding our arrival in Canada
custom officer asked me
(1) kung saan daw kami pupunta at
(2) ano status ng husband ko sa canada and
(3) ano ang visa/status ko and my kids
(4) kung may dala akong dairy, meat, commercial gadgets, etc - sabi ko "NONE", but i decalre na may dala akong mangoes ang peanuts, sabi ng officer ok lng daw un, no problem.
(5) may idedecalre daw ba akong money - sabi ko none
(6) check again our docs and stamped our passports and embarkation form. Officer advised us to get our luggages and proceed to immigration right in front of luggage conveyor.
@ Immigration Canada - pila sa work/study line. ang haba ng pila, most are pinoys. just wait for our turn. i was praying so hard na sana mabait ung officer na matapat samin. kasi yung iba ang tagal nila as pinaghihintay sila, meron nauna sakin pinay na nahold yata sya. kinakabahan ako, now turn na namin...girl na hitsurang bumbay ang nag assist samin. i greeted her, then provided all docs..passports, CEM docs, and the letter from my husband's employer and his bank statement in Canada
- i prepared all docs, baka kasi hingin, ung docs ng hubby ko. our bank statement sa pinas. pero di naman hiningi.
- binasa nya ung mga docs and employers letter, then asked me when is your husband WP expiry. told her, Sept 14...but his employer renew his contract and about to apply for extension. Then she told me, ok..i'll just give you Open work permit and study permit until Sept 14. you just apply for extension when your apply for his new WP. Hindi kinausap ang mga anak ko, as wala masyado tinanong sa amin. She just printed our WP and attached it to our passports.
- Since i was dianosed with Inactive PTB, my passport has attachment - the Medical surveillance form, officer told me that i have to contact Provincial Health Officer. Tinanong kung tama yung address ko dun sa medical surveillance form. then pinirmahan na nya ung form. and that's the last step.
We proceeded to our domestic flight - AIr Canada counter.
And we arrived safely in the beautiful Prince Rupert. Happy now coz buo na kmi at smooth lahat from Phils to Prince Rupert.
Thank you so much Lord!
Working part time na ako as cook sa resto ng hubby ko. may fulltime work na inooffer sa convenience store pero di ko pa matanggap kasi di pa nagstart pasok ng mga bata, baka magkaconflict sa schedule nila. Happy to share with you above infos...goodluck to all of you...keep in touch!
God bless everyone...