hi guys! im a 2nd courser RN. my 1st course was comsci for 4 years then RN for 2 years. PDN for 1.5 years then OR-RR nurse for 2.5 years in a JCI accredited hospital. no masters. i have several questions lang po...
1. based on my credentials, will i be eligible to take the exam or will i need to do the bridging?
2. since i am not yet eligible to take the RN exam, im planning to register as RPN. will working as an RPN have a positive bearing on my RN registration?
3. if i was an RN graduate in the Phils with no experience yet, will i be eligible to sit the RPN exam?
Thanks in advance!
Hi there, I'll try to answer your questions, but I need help from the others if you'll find them inadequate ok?
1. If you read my post a few posts earlier, you'll see that I only have a BSN degree, no masters. three and a half years experience as a full-time
staff nurse at a tertiary hospital, not JCI accredited, just the TUV thing. (I personally don't know if working at a big or small hospital
has bearing with CNO decision, I think what matters more is if you can prove that what you had in nursing school is equivalent to Canadian
standards, hence the sending of the BET (Baccalaureate Equivalency Table) + the number of years of experience working as a staff nurse.
(that's just me). You probably took nursing for only two years because the subjects you had when you went to ComSci was credited right?
So the answer is...you'll be assessed and If they find you lacking they'll ask for your certificate of employment and make you do the BET
(I read with some posts that they no longer give BETs is that true?) But you'll probably be able to sit the CRNE if you compare your credentials
with mine. They made me eligible to challenge the test...whew.
2. What do you mean bearing with RN? like will it affect it? Probably not, you can be registered as an RPN and RN at the same time if you pass
both exams. (source = CNO front desk, hehe tinanong ko din to sa kanila nung nagpunta ako dun.)
3. Ideally, our RN education is equivalent to their RPN diploma.(why? ewan ko ba dapat RN eh equal to RN di ba? lacking daw curriculum natin)
So, they should make one take the test even without experience.
Hope this helps, antayin natin yung mga mas matindi and detalyado sumagot. paging CANIMMIGRANT...hehe busy pa ata magsettle si Ma'am.