The MPNP has launched Foreign Skilled Worker (FSW) Backlog Reduction Initiative in partnership with CIC as a means to alleviate the backlog of applicants under the CIC Federal Skilled Worker Program.
To be eligible for the MPNP FSW Backlog Reduction Initiative you must have received a letter of invitation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
If you received a letter under this MPNP initiative, you must file your application on or before June 30, 2012.
You will receive an invitation letter to apply under MPNP Foreign Skilled Worker Backlog Reduction Initiative if you have a pending FSW application filed before Feb 27, 2008 and that you indicated Manitoba as your destination.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has asked provinces and territories for assistance in reducing the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) backlog of applications submitted before February 2008 through the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot (FSW Pilot) initiative.
The province of Ontario identified five (5) occupations in which applicants destined to the province will get an opportunity to apply for an Ontario nomination leading to permanent residency on an expedited basis.
If you submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada under the FSW program and that you declared Ontario as your destination, you will receive an invitation to apply as nominee if your occupation is any of the following:
Computer Analysts and Consultants (NOC 2171)
Software Developers (NOC 2173)
Interactive Media Programmers and Developers (NOC 2174)
Financial and Investment Analysts (NOC 1112)
Mathematicians (NOC 2161)
Applicant to Opportunities Ontario under the FSW Pilot must meet the following criteria:
1. Intend to live and work in Ontario.
2. Be in one of the five occupations identified by Ontario (Computer Analysts and Consultants/NOC 2171, Software Developers/NOC 2173, Interactive Media Programmers and Developers/NOC 2174, Financial and Investment Analysts/NOC 1112, Mathematicians/NOC 2161).
3. Have a minimum of 3 years of related, paid, full-time verifiable experience in that occupation within the past 5 years.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
4. Have a minimum of a 3-year degree from a post-secondary institution.
5. Have a minimum language proficiency of 6.5 for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or 4.5 for the Test d'evaluation du français (TEF).
6. Demonstrate a minimum level of savings/income to support yourself and your dependants. See 2011 Updated Settlement Funds Schedule for the amount you need.
If you received an invitation to apply under Ontario FSW Pilot Program, you must submit your application on or before May 4, 2012. Opportunities Ontario can only nominate 600 applicants under this initiative.