We are processing the application for the Child Tax Benefit. There is a form RC66SCH (Statement of Income) to be attached that we have to declare the income for the last two years(?if im right).
Since we worked in the UAE, do we need to declare only the basic salary that was stated in our contract (which is very small as most of the other income are stated in other allowances,housing,travel,etc).
One more thing is my husband who is still went back and currently working in UAE, his company is not giving a Payslip. Are they gonna look for a proof of source of income? If he show the bank statement it will appear as overall salary (including housing,food,travel allowances, etc).
Does my husband has to pay also the tax he earned in the UAE by the time he landed in canada as PR as he is still working there?
1. There's no 'attachments' to be enclosed with the CTB application.
2. We r required to 'state only' our previous 2yrs' income...
3. This would be 'global income', gross, for the 'family' [everyone's income is to be included].
4. We can't comment [in writing] on what level of income u should declare [pls take the hint].
5. CRA is not going to look for any 'pay slips', bank statement or anything. It's all in good faith.
6. If u had 'landed' in 2010, even in Dec, u guys r required to file-in your Tax Returns, by 30th Apr 2011 [we all have done it already].
7. If there were no income in Canada, u won't pay anything... rather CRA will 'pay u back' something* !
8. Do not file the Tax Returns yourself -- take a CGA's help [it costs $25 here].
Hope that helped...Qorax*That's the beauty of Canada !!!