Does a Canadian Permanent Resident(INDIAN PASSPORT need a visa to enter the USA? Immigration Forum
April 24, 2017, 12:30:03 am
   Home   Assessment Help Search Login Register RSS  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Does a Canadian Permanent Resident(INDIAN PASSPORT need a visa to enter the USA?  (Read 3989 times)

Posts: 4
Ratings: +0

« on: February 22, 2012, 11:57:55 am »


My question is :Does a Canadian Permanent Resident need a visa to enter the USA?
#If so what type of visa is required
Thanks for yr replies!
Champion Member

Posts: 2935
Ratings: +102
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......: Feb 08 2016
AOR Received.: March 15, 2016
File Transfer...: SA - Mar 21, 2016
Med's Request: Upfront: Jan 6, 2016
Passport Req..: Oct 25, 2016
LANDED..........: Dec 2016

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:10:55 pm »

The visa conditions that apply to your country before u got PR still applies until you get a Canadian passport. There is no visa waiver for Canadian PRs if ur country hasn't got that 'no visa' arrangement with USA... Hope you get the drift....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Hero Member

Posts: 201
Ratings: +8
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Buffalo/Seattle
App. Filed.......: 03-03-2011
Doc's Request.: 08-10-2011
Nomination.....: n/a
AOR Received.: 11/01/12
IELTS Request: n/a
File Transfer...: 05-07-2011
Med's Request: 11-01-2012
Med's Done....: 30-01-2012
Interview........: Waived
Passport Req..: 26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...: 13-12-2012
LANDED..........: 16-12-2012

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 12:14:12 pm »

Yes. Canadian PR has no effect on visa requirements for the U.S.

Foreign nationals who wish to visit the United States for leisure or tourism are normally eligible to receive a B-2 Tourist Visa. B-2 Tourist Visas are "visitor visas" and are required for citizens of countries that are not included in the Visa Waiver Program. However, even citizens of countries included in the Visa Waiver Program are required to hold a valid B-2 visa if they plan to stay in the United States for longer than 90 days, change status to another nonimmigrant visa, or adjust status to permanent resident (Green Card) after entering the country.

B-2 Visa for Medical Treatment: In addition to tourism, B-2 Visas are also issued to individuals who are coming to the United States to undergo medical treatment. The application process is similar to that of a Tourist Visa, but there are additional documents that must be submitted to establish that the applicant qualifies for the visa. The list of required documents and the application process is described in the B-2 Tourist Visa Application Guide.

Tourist Visa Length of Stay: Persons admitted to the United States on a B-2 Tourist Visa are usually issued a 6-month stay. The maximum length of stay for visitor visa holders is 6 months. The immigration officer at the port of entry determines how long each visitor is allowed to stay in the country. Most visitors have their I-94 cards stamped with a 6-month stay; however the immigration officer has the right to issue a shorter stay on a case by case basis. Upon entry into the United States, the foreign visitor has the right to request an extension of stay.

U.S. Visitor Visa Change of Status: Individuals who enter the United States on a B-2 Tourist Visa are normally eligible to change status to permanent resident (Green Card holder) if they qualify, or to another nonimmigrant status, such as temporary worker (H-1B, H-2B, E-1, E-2, E-3, etc.), student (under the F-1 Student Visa), or even to permanent United States resident (Green Card). Individuals who enter the United States under the the Visa Waiver Program are not eligible to change status. The option to change status is the major advantage of nonimmigrant visas, such as the B-2 Tourist Visa, over the Visa Waiver Program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.10 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC