i am sorry to say that though there are many job availability as dental assistant, immigrant dentists are less likely to get that job. Most dentists here prefer to employ dental assistants who got their dental assistant certificate from local community colleges and hold a license to practice as Dental assistant.
Hello dr hasib!
I'm an indian dentist appliying for dental assisting course in albetra. My reason for opting for it are
1. getting familiar with dental practice in canada so that i can get through the clinical part of equivalancy exams
2. It would make me eligible to apply for a pr under international graduate category
I have a few doubts, Please take time to answer them
1. Is it worth doing it? doing a dental assisting program after graduation? Does it have a negative effect on my resume'
2. would the visa office belive me if I state "getting clinical exposure" as the reason for my pursueing of this course?
3. shpuld I apply for equivalency process also simultaneously? What if I don't get the study permit? Will I get a visitor visa for appearing in exam.
4 Does passing the equivalency process give you some kind of an edge in application process
your gudance will be appreciated
Your guidance will be highly appreciated