I saw this article today, where one couple got attention because of not being able to submit a sponsorship application because of a clerical error on their marriage document, so imagine the attention we can get with all our papers in order and still waiting 12+ months.http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1162627--bureaucratic-nightmare-stalls-immigration-for-newlyweds?bn=1
Consider emailing the reporter, Kate Allen, at kallen @ thestar.ca as I did:
Dear Kate Allen,
I read your article today about the bureaucratic nightmare faced by a couple who can't have their application processed because of a clerical error, but imagine if you have all your papers together and are still waiting 12+ months, as is the case with several dozens I know of right now, including myself, as discussed on the canadavisa.com forum. Here are some of the issues we are currently dealing with:
- The embassies refuse to respond to questions about the status of individual applications before the 80% time of 14 months, and in at least one case, they still ignored someone waiting longer than that since this year.
- Amman has been working for nearly two months and we have only heard about a handful of PRs granted, with most of them having already waited almost a year or more.
- Inconsistent e-mail replying about matters they say you can contact them about -- they are currently telling some applicants to expect a reply within 25 days, and some aren't getting one after their patient waiting, while others get a quick response to their first email, but in any case, always with the request to be patient.
- Not a single update on the online e-Cas system since their application was received, in some cases over a year ago.
- Only MPs and their staff are allowed to eventually be guaranteed a response to their queries, but if it's before the 80% processing time, all they are often ever told is there are no updates and to be patient.