Healthcare for visitors to Canada/partners of PRs Immigration Forum
March 28, 2017, 08:51:42 am
   Home   Assessment Help Search Login Register RSS  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Healthcare for visitors to Canada/partners of PRs  (Read 1029 times)
Full Member

Posts: 31
Ratings: +1
Category........: QSW

« on: October 09, 2013, 04:32:58 pm »

As a Permanent Resident in Canada can my partner who is American who will be coming to visit me (as a visitor) and stay about six months be able to access any kind of healthcare free/private? I will have healthcare coverage but I am worried that in that six month period, if he gets ill, what are our options? Will travel insurance cover medical expenses? Or are there any private health plans for visitors?
Hero Member

Posts: 320
Ratings: +38

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 04:57:35 pm »

You can get him a Visitors to Canada insurance plan. It will cover emergencies, while he is in Canada. You can look up quotes online on our website, as well as information about what is covered in such plans: or send us an email to We work with all the insurance companies in Canada.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.10 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC