I think this need some more clarification:
This is I heard:
1. The spouse will be given a multiple entry visa for 3 yrs. They will get in writing that people will not apply for asylum etc in this period.
2. Once u complete and live together as spouse and prove it, common address, joint bank accounts, joint spending/borrowing etc. they will interview people and then give PR. How this will work how long this will take is anyones guess. This process again can take a year (?) to validate the spousal relationship etc.
3. Give PR - normal PR processes will aplly i.e. you must live in Canda for 3 years in any 4 years to claim citizenship.. Most people cannot do that before 4 years as they visit relatives in home country; to renew PR u must have lived in Canada for 2 years min in any 5 years.Note:
probably once u have PR spouses can separate, if the situation is really too bad and unlivable (Got forbid)..
4. Apply for Citizenship and prove your stay, probably do not get divorced in this period
, if so too bad.. as they might ask for reasons
5. The process takes around 18 months to get you a Citizenship. Now you can get divored..
Total time before you can separate is: 3+1+4+1.5=9.5 yrs.. to get Citizenship..
I support that 3 years multiple visa policy and then prove that couples are in bona fide relationship..
The impact can be, I repeat can be, not guaranteed, that processing time can reduce to normal like 6-9 months..
As they need to filter out the terrorists and militants and bigots..
Enjoy new policy. Genuine people will have no impact whatsoever.
Cheaters of the system will get old enough before they can take the system for a ride.
Super cheaters will also have no impacts..
I know its fair looks very good in written......... but i dont trust the Minister ............ he is full of it ............. he never wants to see immigrants happy ...... if u would have dealt with people from Calgary who have been living there for long time ............ u would know this ........
I dont trust that for three years policies would remain the same .......... there would b a new law coming up saying that Mr Kenney has buttons to press to stop giving PRz ............