You will not get the visitors visa because of the rejection and you never have to appeal again for the previous case just start a new application and don't worry about what happened in the past.
I agree with Impulsive posts. I still have to find a person on this forum who suggested that you should appeal.
I am giving you a few scenario:
1. You appeal and it takes 18 months (if you are lucky) for the first hearing ..
2. On first hearing your immigration lawyer wants to buy more time.. and you get next hearing in another 6 months.. (I am being realistic here)..
3. You and everyone else know that this was a mistake from you and your wife.. and you suffered a refusal..
4. God forbid Appeal is rejected..
You are doomed.. Appeal is approved you are still siting like 2 years+.
5. In case of approval, the file comes back to VO-CHC-I, they will take another few months before they call you for interview..
6. Remember after appeal is upheld the file comes back to CHC-I, and a VO, different from the previous one, reviews it ..
7. Cycle starts they will call you for interview..
This is a process and there is nothing that you can do anything about it..
(My brother was in the same situation once and my lawyer told me in Canada to reapply)..
Brother, your destiny is in your hands.. if you give it a wrong direction only you and your family will suffer..
Choose the easier path..