Hi, everybody. I am new here and if possible could anyone help me with my concern? I am divorced and I have the custody for my kids. I applied to the CIO in 9/9/2010 and my file is "on process" since April 2011. What delays my file is that the Canadian embassy in Cairo has asked for, and I paste:
'A notarized declaration indicating that your ex-husband has no objection for the children to accompany you for immigration and permanent residency in Canada, such declaration may be notarized at the "Notary Public" office (El Shahr el Akary). "
I kept searching for my X for 4 months and then convincing him for another 2 months till I finally could have had a written agreement with him that he has no objection for the kids to immigrate to Canada as long as we will not ask him for any money for that or during our stay there. I notarized the agreement in our local notary public (elshahr elakary) and sent it to the embassy. After 20 days they sent me an email to indicate that:
" the declaration recently received is not/not satisfactory. You are kindly requested to have the children's father come to this office to sign another declaration. "
The VO says that he should have gone to sign in front of the notary public who is Elshahr elakary employee i.e the agreement should have been attested and notarized not notarized only, although as you can read from what I post earlier the VO did not mention attesting of the declaration but only noterization
How on earth can I get him TO the embassy to sign such a declaration? He requested from us when we were writing the agreement in the lawyer office not to contact him again what ever happened to us. He is always afraid that I would sue him in court for not financially supporting the kids and I really do not know an address for him.
I tried to explain that to my VO and tried to ask him if there is anything else I can do instead of that. Actually he was so helpful and asked me to provide him with his contacts so he would contact him by himself. I gave him his email but I could not give him his phone number as my X is closing this number all the time as it is the only number I had for him.
Now, another 20 days have passed since then. I do not know if my VO has contacted him or not but I sent him another email asking if I can do anything else instead of relying on my X. I also sent him in the email my future plan for settlement including housing , schooling and job which I secured all for my kids and myself, but still no answer from his side.
Would anyone advise me please what should I do? any idea will be helpful for a lost one like me. I cannot freeze my life for a whole year and then get rejected because of someone who is not even caring to see his kids once a month. Should I contact the ambassador? but I do not want to pess off my VO, I always feel that he is trying to help me. Should I email the immigration minister asking to consider my case as a humanitarian case? Should I wait to be rejected then ask for a judicial review or an appeal? I even thought of being considered as a refugee but the surprise is that I will still be asked for the same document.
Please help me