Below is the general procedure to procure CAIPS/GCMS. Members interested to get it through Kanamen will have to follow the same protocol.
If you are living in Canada you can order your CAIPS notes or on behalf of someone else for $5 under the Privacy Act.
This is the latest form for requesting CAIPS. It has the option of Credit card payment.
Complete the form:
a) Visa post (e.g. Buffalo, NY etc.)
b) File number (e.g. BXXXX..)
c) Date of Birth
d) Your Postal address (In Canada address only)
2) Check on the box for the CAIPS or GCCMS notes request in the form.
3) Provide a photocopy of your valid legal stay in Canada (Work permit/visa or details of PR /Citizenship in Canada (Person requesting).
4) Write a cover letter requesting the notes (Person who requests writes that).
5) Consent letter from all the people in the PR application above the age of 18.
6) Write a cover letter (Authorization letter with the details of the person who would get it for you)
Fill the above form as well.
Scanned copies are accepted, so you can scan and send all your docs to your relative in Canada.
9) Credit card payment form :
IMM 5667 (04-2011) E
10) Your relative can email them all the docs along with his cover letter to
atip-aiprp @ cic.gc.ca
Or Post it to:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
Fax: (613) 957-6517
1. Fill the form IMM 5475 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/release-info.asp
2. Write a cover letter (Authorization letter with the details of the person who would get it for you)