Hello to all,
I am a Canadian man married to a Filipina.
We are awaiting our visa to be issued.
I have a couple of questions for anyone who has received the documents from the Manila embassy...
1) In appendix A the form is asking for a list of DEPENDANTS even if they are not coming to Canada.
It includes columns... the first is Applicant, the second is spouse, then Child1, Child2 etc
My wife and I are confused about filling this out. Does it need me and my children listed on it if we are living in Canada already? They are my children and she would be considered the step-mother.
2) How many passport photos do they require?
3) Is it a good idea to courier all the documents requested?
4) Any idea how long of a wait it will be after they have received her passport?
Thanks soo much for your replies.
Best of luck to all of those waiting.
our timeline is as follows...
August 29/2011 application received at missasauga, ont.
November 4/2011 sponsor approved
December 20/2011 application received in Manila
Jan 5/2012 letter requesting passport, nso, and appendix A received dated Dec 21/2011
we will be sending in the passport and docs on Monday, Jan 9/2012
1. Appendix A is intended for ur wife, ur wife is the applicant....there is no need to include ur children who are canadian citizens..f your wife has no children of her own or you two don't have children together that is here in the philippines either accompanying her or not in going to canada, then leave child column blank....under the spouse column, that is where she will fill up your information as her spouse except ur passport details...do not include ur passport details, just ur information...(this is what others are doing, i myself rcvd a appendix A but i leave the spouse column blank...but to be safe include ur info as spouse except ur passport's detail)..
2. If they ask u for Appendix B, then u must submit photos but if only Appendix A , no need for the photos...if u are asked for Appendix B (photos), pls take not its not a passport photos...there is a specification, refer to Appendix B and give the specification to professional photgrapher...it needs 9 photos..
3. yap especially if ur far from the province...usually send it via DHL or LBC...for me, i prefer DHL because Canada uses the services of DHL especially when they send ur visa....
4. it all depends on the one who is handling ur application in the canadian embassy..nobody can really tell..it all depends on ur applications as well..some got their visa after 15 days of submission of PPR , some 38 days, some almost 2 months and some after 2 months are still waiting..nobody can really tell...
old bloggers had advised as all time to time not to call the CEm unless your application are way behind processing time which is now 10-12months..f u call , ur visa will be further delayed...
for more information pls refer to this site: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LF-oK0c_F9kKPfiP9MjlKZZ1RzqQVCRLOKWV3QsRGZI/edit?hl=fil&pli=1
it has instructions and details....read it thoroughly, u will be guided through and will help u a lot in ur queries...
hope i am able to help u the best that i can and as far as i know..old bloggers are busy right now most of them are in canada already but they usually helps everytime they can log in here....God bless..God bless to all of us!:)