I have received a letter from NDVO today:
This is in response to the medical report dated xxxxxxx of your spouse confirming her pregnancy. Please use below information to add the child when he/she is born.
Request - Family Composition - Add Child to Application FOr Before visa issuance
Advise us of a change to your family composition, please send us a signed letter (the letter may be scanned and sent as an email attachment) providing us with all required changes to your file. The following information must be included in the letter if we are to make the changes:
- full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- fax number, including area code, and
- mailing address
As we require your signature on this information, please note that your current family composition has not been amended in our records.
How to add your child to your application:
Important: Note that if your child was born in Canada or if one parent is a Canadian citizen, then the child is a Canadian citizen. If that is the case, you do not need to add the child to your application, and no medical examination or fee is required. You must, however, send us a copy of the child's birth certificate. You should also contact the Consular section of the High Commission of Canada to make sure the child has the appropriate travel document.
You will be required to submit the following documents in order to add your child to your application:
- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your child be added to your application
- processing fee for the child (if accompanying you to Canada)
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself and your spouse to include added child
- If the child is 18 years or older, an IMM0008, Schedule A and IMM5406 Additional Family Information Form
- notarized copy of the child's birth certificate
- copy of your child's valid passport(s) both valid and expired
- four recent passport-size photographs of your child according to the specifications
- if you applied as a Skilled Worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added child
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your child ( in his or her name), if you are immigrating to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp
Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.
We will contact you if there is any further information we require.
Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
The Letter has been edited to include only the relevant part.