One more question Guys!!!
1>While reading some posts on the forum I read that some people have been denied if the work experience letter has exact same responsibilities as is in description on NOC list.Is that such a big issue?Because I mentioned the same responsibilities plus couple of more responsibilities.Is that not fine?
2>Also is business card mandatory?If work experience is on company letter lead then is that not enough as it will have contact details?
3>Also salary,time worked I can prove through paystubs and tax returns is that not enough?
I saw the following post on another thread:
"""""Please help me out, i had recently got rejection under FSW NOC 1231(bookkeeper). On june 22nd 2010, they updated my status with DECISION MADE. And just today i got rejection letter stating that we have closed your file for the following reasons. But the rejection points are simple. The reasons were -
- That your experience letter was exact copy of NOC Code 1231 regarding your duties.
- You havent attached business card of your employer with your file.
- Your salary was not mentioned in your experience letter."""""""
Hi tukku and Navali,
Navali, your post from other thread is an important indication of how CHC is working, One word for them is -Strict scrutiny. The applicant got away ( many will get away as well) at CIO with the initial processing of application.
Even the most unimportant thing (in our minds) such as not providing a Business/Visiting card can cause "Return of application". This is going to be followed even more strictly for applicants who are no more in the current NOC list. As I had mentioned earlier, now there is a surplus of the professionals of NOC codes which are no more in the current list.It is not mentioned anywhere but it is simple logic. So their strategy is to screen these applicants even more closely and screen them.
2. Never copy and paste Job descriptions in your reference letters. That is a red flag to the VO as he can see that - You have requested your employer to write exactly what you want. So the letter in other words is "Doctored"- means it is not what your employer thinks about your performance at job, but clearly is your suggestion to incorporate in the reference letter.
3. Mention salary, hours and benefits...follow the Checklist again stritcly...means very strictly...letter by letter.
Hopefully Navali's post addressess most of your questions.
1. It is a BIG issue to copy paste job duties onto reference letters as I mentioned above. Do not do it.
2. You can add more job duties...that is your credit.
3. Your job duties can be on Company letterhead (with all company details), but it SHOULD be signed by the employer below. Where is the assurance for the VO to justify that you (Applicant) did not get hold of a Company letterhead from somewhere and printed off the Job duties yourself?
4. You can prove by producing hrs at work, salary, paystub, tax docs as it is justified in your mind... but it has to be mentiond on the Reference letter by your employer. The VO will check only with one person ,incase he has any doubt and that would be your Employer. He is definitely NOT going to check each and every document that you have send to satisfy your claim. The VO has to check mammoth number of applications each day.
That is the reason to put salary, hrs, benefits in the reference letter by the Employer, so that VO can contact 1 person and not an army of people if he had doubts.
The reason for a business card: You can get Business card only from people who own them. So you can not get cards (unlike Company letterheads) from your employer untill he wants you to have one. This will serve multiple purpose
1) Will show that you have contacted the employer
2) Easy for the VO to check your credentials directly from your employer. Note that sometime the Company letterheads do not mention the name of the Employer so in those case Business cards are essential.
I am absolutely sure that there must have been cases in the past wherein the Company letterheads did not match up with the Name of the employer....and thus Business cards are required which also determines the current availability of the Employer..
Thanks to Navali for posting the IMPORTANT post.
Sorry guys for the long post. I do not want you guys to loose your applications after getting your AORs. Though I lost my application at the initial stage at CIO. Just be very careful.