ASSISTANCE YOU CAN GET FOR FREE ON ARRIVAL
The below compilation is not my own...I had copied from the forum long time back but unfortunately did not copy the name of the original CREATER..... ...(Don't thank me for this....I don't deserve it). THANKS to the original poster.... Canadian federal government provides following post-landing settlement services to the newcomers to Canada in partnership with provincial governments and some private institutions free of cost:
1. Free job search help in Canada(preparation for interview, resume/cover letter writing etc.). Free refreshments, child care, bus tickets are provided to all the participants.
2. Free job trainings/workshops of upto 3-4 weeks to locate/search for jobs(within Canada)
3. Referral to various job sites and local newspapers specializing in placement of newcomers
4. Free job training, internships for getting "Canadian Experience" without which getting any job is extremely difficult in Canada
5. Credentials assessments for getting jobs quickly in your field(free)
6. Referral to networking clubs to increase contacts and getting information of hidden job market(70% of Canadian jobs are hidden i.e. not advertised anywhere)
7. Housing/transportation/communication guidance
8. New home purchase downpayment help by the government
9. Free help/guidance for applying SIN card, Health card, bank account opening, various government form fill-ups, school admission for your kids, translation of documents, affidavits, help in getting a family doctor, income tax filing etc.
10. Arranging mentors from your field who would guide/support you to help you settle down faster
11. Arranging easy loans for further education and professional/technical courses in Canada
12. Welcome to Canada service(free gifts and advice/guidance from local businesses to help you settle in your new community)
13. Guidance to get various tax credits and government benefits (available to individuals and families)
14. Free English classes(for unlimited period) to improve your accent and knowledge of the language. Specialized language training for your specific job.
15. Introduction to a person/family(Canadian citizen) who would meet you for few hours in a week to guide/help you settle faster in the community(free service)
16. To apply for various children benefits provided by the government
17. Referral to various discount stores for the purchase of grocery, furniture, mattress, electronic items etc.(10%-50% discounts for newcomers only)
18. Free help in building good credit rating and getting easy car/home loans
19. Discounted or free meals(only for people who are unable to support themselves)
20. Services for new and old small business owners like free consultations with a qualified business consultant, free business plan reviews, guidance on licences, permits and regulations, networking & professional development opportunities, free advice through accountants/lawyers, free workshops and seminars etc.
21. Discounted tickets/passes to visit GTA's museums/art galleries and places of tourist attractions for the newcomer and his family.
+1 for this.