I was going through the April, May , June 2010 applicants thread, most of them have got the AOR's and have started sending the full doc's to respective visa office (VO) as per the old process. In case if CIC start issuing the AOR to post June 26 2010 applicants then our entire document will be automatically (electronically)transferred in max of two working days time (from AOR issue date) to the respective VO. In this scenario there will be a flood of documents at the VO (of April, May, June and Post June 26 applicants). Probably this is heavily on the mind of the CIC officials and hence they are delaying the release of AOR's to post June 26 applicants .
If the Canada Immigration officials decide that the VO process the documents on first come first server basis and start releasing the AOR's of post June 26th applicants, then May and pre June 26 (2010) applicants are at disadvantage as they are still preparing to send the full documents to VO.
Below are the Scenario I can think of
A) If the CIC decides to release the AOR of post June 26 2010 applicants at one go, then due to the overlap of the post June and pre June (2010) applications, VO might be issuing the Med request by only by 5-6 months from the date of AOR's issue (for post 26 applicants) and from the 2nd AOR received date for pre June 2010 applicants.
B) If the CIC decide to clear the back log (at least by 80%) of pre June 2010 application, then they might delay the AOR release of post June applicants by JAN- FEB 2011 then the med request time frame might come down to 2 months time.
C) ) If the CIC decides to release the AOR of first 500 0r 1000 eligible post June 26 2010 applicants in this month (November)then still VO might be issuing the Med request by only by 4-5 months from the date of AOR's issue due to the overlap of the post June and pre June (2010) applications.
There are other scenario but wanted to highlight only the above ones.
Anyways I think that we have been caught up in the transition phase and there might be a delay in issue of Visa. I sincerely hope the CIC issue the post June applicants AOR and the VO gets in more people to process the sudden surge in eligible applications.
In my case if the VO does not request for Medicals by Feb 2011 and my family passport by April - May 2011 for visa stamping then I have to admit my kid to school. Let the Almighty God Help us all..
Please feel free to correct me if Iam wrong, I was just expressing my opinion .
Great post Bindu! Made me realize several things. In my opinion they would not stockpile Post June applications and release them all together with AORs to everyone. Can you imagine what a mess that would cause for the VO offices?
Furthermore, they have told us they will process 2008 to June 26, 2010 applications first, if they give all of us AORs now, we will be processed ahead of the Pre June 2010 crowd at the VOs; since the Pre June 2010 applicants are off gathering documents for the next 120 days.
Also, now that we understand they will process our applications "concurrently" with the Pre 2008 crowd, then how about this scenario?
1- Finish processing the Pre June 26 crowd, give them AORs and send them off for their 120 day document gathering.
2- Process the Post June 26 applications for completeness, encash, count toward cap, and go through eligibility. But don't issue AORs so they go to VOs, because that would place them ahead of the Pre June 26 crowd.
3- Rather, process a few months of Pre 2008 crowd from the backlog.
4- When 120 days have passed and all applications from Pre June 26 have reached to VO offices, then start sending AORs for the Post June applicants slowly, as in first in first out, so they don't overwhelm the VO offices all at once.
Wow, now I am really confused!
Better get back to my work