Again and again i see the same question, should we send the PCCs with the initial application or not?
For applicants after NOV 2008, under the 38 occupations list, as far as my research would take me, the first AOR was received within 3 months(initial response from CIO and file transfer to VO), so assuming the same or something better for applicants post June 2010, under the 29 occupations list, we all would get responses within 3 months, and so it's unlikely our PCC would expire before we get an AOR and file transfer
even better to send the most debated PCCs to CIO(the best thing is get 2 copies of the PCCs, one for the CIO and keep another for the VO), that case, you ensure you are not missed out just in case they change the rules and start arguing that they have mentioned all the documents in the VO needs to be submitted with the initial application. They have all rights to do so, as we are already struggling to get ourselves into the 1000/20000 cap
There is no harm in sending an extra document
They cant return the application stating that we are not supposed to send the PCC
But we don't have an idea when they will ask for the VO documents, i mean if it takes more than a month to procure it? Also as we are sending all the VO documents with the initial documents, they are waiving the 120 days they usually give to collect the VO documents. So i'm sure we will not have time to apply, collect and submit the new PCCs then by the deadline.
Also they mention that we need to start collecting the PCCs by the time we send the CIO Application. Confused whether they will ask us to get new PCCs again. Anyway i guess the AORs should come in before 3 months and that relates to the dates of submission of the VO documents as well. So, if we get the PCCs Issued by the Sept 1st week, the deadline for it's expiry would be Dec 1st week. I guess we should get the AOR before the November 15th in the worst cases. If not, we can apply for an additional PCC set on Nov 15th for a nominal charge as we decided earlier.
This is only a small part of the risk we have decided to take already
It's upto your discretion if you want to send the PCCs or not withe the original application.