I can see many people are planning to Land soon...........here are some tips......I am sure you all know MOST of it.
1. You have to fill E677 form to report your Proof of funds. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf
2. Fill B4A form for goods to follow...make 2 copy . http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4a.pdf
3. Fill B4 form for goods to accompany...make 2 copy. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf
4. Take pics of jewellery and number them
( B/W would do) and include on B4 form with equivalent Cad Conversion. No receipts are required. Weighed all the gold and calculate with current gold value. They dont pay much attention. (2 copy).
** People who are in Canada and will eventually (if) go to their homecountry for visa stamping :
Please do take pics of the gold jewellery that you have here in Canada and attach them to the B4 forms.
You have to retain this copy whenever you travel (later), in case you are carrying a large amount of gold.
5. The immigration officer signs and dates the COPR paper after all procedures are completed. If there is a mistake on the COPR made by IO, for eg, wrong date as signed, then there is a wait period of approx 14 weeks to rectify it.....so PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK the doc when she/he hands you the doc back.
If you detect the error later you may do the amendment by filling up the below form:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1436B.PDF
This will however not prevent one from taking SIN number.This date as signed on landing is of utmost importance as it will be the one that will be taken into consideration when you apply for Citizenship.
6. PLEASE RETAIN ALL YOUR BOARDING PASSES ...you may need them later as an additional proof for your landing date.
7. If you come through Montreal (Quebec), you HAVE TO DO LANDING here as this would be your POE even though your final destination is different.
After you board domestic flight there is NO IMMIGRATION dept on arrival.
You have to take your luggage at Montreal, go to Customs, do Immigration (ie PR procedures) and release your luggage for onward journey.
8.. Please protect your photographs on COPR papers from being scratched as it might be a potential reason of rejection despite correct dimensions.
9. It is not necessary to have a ratio of 80:20 (Monetary instrument: cash)
10. Indian Bank statement works fine.....you just have to tell (audibly enough) the Immigration officer the required amount of POF....not a penny less. They dont care to check the statements ....but be safe and carry them (I know you would do
Add up all the money (in any form) and convert into Cad currency and say that amount when asked.
11. For members who wish to bring in their PETShttp://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/imp/perme.shtmlhttp://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/terrestrial-animals/imports/policies/live-animals/eng/1320833881215/1320833972327Dogs This information is for my special friend
Hope this helps