I am leaning more towards Mikes suggestion .........
Here is what i am thinking
I am going to write them an email telling them the truth in short and simple language
I am laid off from XXX , My file was recieved by your office on Feb 10th , i understand that as per old AINP rule i.e. until Feb 19th, i am not required to maintain H1B status at the time of nomination.( GUYS - I HAVE EMAIL PROOF SENT TO ME BY AINP OFFICE ON THIS TOPIC EARLIER )
currently , i am in legal status in US and awaiting decision for my B2 visa application. i am going back to India soon and request them to send me nomination to my Indian address and further step if any.
then call them if i do not receive any communication within 3 days .
What do you guys think
i am dead sure that if i send them paystub from new company they will ask for I797 and if i tell them it is in process then they may tell me ... send it to us once to receive it and then we will proceed on your case. it will delay may case and i will be at the same place where i started.