One question I have about obtaining PCC from Dubai...
As part of obtaining the PCC, one needs to provide for a requisition letter from the Canadian embassy. How can that be obtained? Is it a letter that is provided after the PR application form has been submitted or do we need to send across a separate request for this?
To get a PCC from Dubai Police if you are already outside Dubai, you have to send them the ff:
1. Photocopy of the current and old passport showing complete particulars including UAE residence visa pages .
2. 2 passport size pictures.
3. Record of applicants complete fingerprints, taken by a Government Agency and Attested by the UAE Embassy.
4. Bank draft of US$35 or 110 dirhams favoring Dubai Police General H/Q , as the good conduct certificate fee.
5. Fill-up application form you can also check their reqt's here: http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/jsps/content/flat-content.do?contentCode=71578&switchLanguage=en&noCache=1338781925127
6. Return airway bill for your application if your outside UAE.
But if I were you try to apply from other Police Headquarters in UAE, you can check here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/united-arab-emirates.asp
What happened in my applications it took 2 months to get my PCC, they lost my files, pictures, forms and even the money order to pay Fedex for return airway bill they lost it. I tried to ask a favor from my friend in Dubai & that's the time they processed my applications not knowing that they lost everything. So I send all the requirements again. I applied March 18 my friend from Dubai got it May 18 after 4 times going there in Police HQ. It's really better if you know somebody from UAE to apply it on your behalf provided that you send all the requirements. Good Luck