Education Savings for your Child RESP - Registered Education Savings PlanAn RESP:
• is a special savings plan (like a savings account)
• helps you, your family or friends to save early for a child's education after high school
• is registered by the Government of Canada
• allows savings for education after high school to grow tax-free and could also gain government money through the Canada Education Savings Grant and the Canada Learning Bond, if you qualify.Find out more about RESPs:Steps to Opening an RESP
It's not difficult! Just follow these 2 simple steps.1. Get a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
o You must have one for yourself and one for your child.
o There's no fee. However, certain documents, such as a birth certificate, are required.2. Choose an RESP provider that best suits your needs.RESP providers include:
o most financial institutions, such as banks or credit unions
o group plan dealers, and
o certified financial planners. Note:
It is very important to choose the right type of RESP plan you want to open.
• It's not difficult. Your financial institution will help you decide.
• Start by visiting Choosing the Right RESP.
Find the RESP plan that best suits your needs. Consult theseQuestions for RESP Providers before you choose an RESP provider.
If you need more information:
• contact 1 800 O-Canada (1 800 622-6232),http://www.canlearn.ca/eng/index.shtml
OR Call me / PM me for details,http://www.globalemc.com/
Hope that helps,hmisabpk