Should I just email the Visa Office and ask them for steps on How to Add my wife on my file and ditto for my wife ?
Is this likely to cause any delays in our files ?
Adding your spouse in your application might delay your case a bit as same background check is also applicable for your spouse as well.Notify your visa office as soon as you marry and then send the following forms and documents.To add spouse in the application: Forms:
(a) Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008)
(b) Schedule A: Background/ Declaration [IMM 5669] Completed by Principal Applicant and Spouse.
(c) Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] E-Completed by the Principal Applicant & the Spouse.
(d) Schedule 3_Economic classes imm0008_3e
(e) Supplementary Information - Your travels [IMM 5562]
(f) Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence – Federal Skilled Worker [IMM 5620]Documents :
1. Certificate of marriage (notarized), Nikahnama, if any
2. Passport copy of spouse (Notarized)
3 Birth certificate copy of spouse translated (if not in Eglish) and notarized.
4. 6 copies photographs of spouse as per photo specification write name, DOB and date of photo taken on the back side of 5 photographs and keep 1 blank.
5. Application fee of spouse via Bank Draft
6. Spouse's educational certificates and transcripts (original for graduate level) and mark sheets.
7. National ID of Spouse, translated (if not in English) and notarized
8. Send any other things changes after you sent full docs, If any.
Hope this has been helpful.