Here is the process i think CIC is following (off book)...derived based on their pattern of cap updating & cc/bd charging.The process is already explained in EG7 page #51 'What happen Next':
[FSW1 Application received on/after 1st July 2011]
Step 1 - CIC checks the application's NOC against the respective NOC Cap.
[CIC proceeds with Step 2, if NOC Cap < 500]
[CIC sends reject mail, if NOC Cap = 500]
Step 2 - CIC checks the application for "Completness Check" (forms & documents).
[CIC updates the CAP for all +ve Completness Check]
[CIC sends reject mail for all -ve Completness Check]
Step 3 - CIC checks the application for "Preliminary Eligibity Check" (points >= 67).
[CIC charges CC/BD for +ve PEC]
[CIC sends reject mail for -ve PEC]
[CIC updates the CAP to reflect -ve PEC]
Step 4 - CIC checks the application for "Thorough Eligibity Check".
[CIC sends the application to VO]
1. Completeness Check
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada reviews your application to make sure that:
- all required fields in your application forms are complete,
- all required documents are submitted from the Document Checklist (IMM 5612) , and
- the correct processing fee payment has been made.
If your application is:
- incomplete or;
- the occupation you are applying under has reached the allowable limit under category 1, your entire package (including your payment) will be returned to you with a letter explaining why it is being returned.[Means - If Completeness stage is passed, CC/BD is encashed].
2. Eligibility Review
An officer will make a final determination of eligibility of your application to determine whether:
- your application qualifies for processing under one of the two categories described in the Ministerial Instructions
If your application does not qualify for processing under the Ministerial Instructions you will be sent a letter that:
- provides the reason why your application is not eligible for processing
- confirms that a refund for the processing fee will be issued [Means PER/NER]
3. Selection and Admissibility
If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:
- minimal requirements
- selection factors
- admissibility (criminality, security, medical)
- If your score is equal to or greater than the pass mark, your application will be sent to the visa office for further processing [Means - 1st AOR]
4. Visa Office Job